Jinrake
Welcome to PvP Planet's website!

Please register and view some cool guides and help!

Also vote for us at: Www.Jinrake.at.ua
Jinrake
Welcome to PvP Planet's website!

Please register and view some cool guides and help!

Also vote for us at: Www.Jinrake.at.ua
Jinrake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jinrake

Jinrake's website and forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Vote For PVPVote For PVP  

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.

Go down 
+3
Dark Pk
bennyaka2
Braiton
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Braiton

Braiton

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Empty
PostSubject: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 pm

!Welcome to my tutorial on how to make a runescape private server from start to finish!

In this i will show you how to make, run, code a private server!

Chapter 1 - Downloading JDK i recommend 6.7 because thats what i use and thats what my tut is based off of.
Chapter 1.5 - Recognizing PATH and Classpath - Ty Dr pepp, and chase for reminding me.
Chapter 2 - Downloading Winrar to run a source, or client
Chapter 3 - Making a no-ip
Chapter 4 - Port Forwarding - For people with routers!
Chapter 5 - Getting a source
Chapter 5.5 - SOME Source Downloads!
Chapter 6 - Compiling
Chapter 7 - Tutorials for new ppl, or even advanced coders.

Chapter 1 - Downloading Jdk

First go to This link and download the newest JDK and JRE I recommend getting both the jdk 6.7 and jre 6.7, but get the newest java dl.

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Next download the newest ones, and also go to java.com and download the newest java. www.Java.com

Once u dl them, open them and install them.

Chapter 2 - Recognizing Class And classpath

Okay, i owe this to Dr pepper and chase young for reminding me i forgot about this part. >.>

so here it goes.. First once you have downloaded all of your java like i told you to in chapter one.

NOTE: this is for Windows Xp users i am not positive how to do on vista yet.. because i do not have vista.

Firstly. Follow This path

Go to start >
Click My computer >
Next you'll see View System Information in the top left corner, may be different on your computer. >
Next click it, and then you'll have a window open up >
Now click The
Code:
 Advanced
Tab, Then you'll see Environmental Variable Buttons at The bottom, click this and a little box will pop up showing your User variables, and also your system variables..

NOTE : MAKE BACKUPS ON THESE! --- It may screw you up a lot if you do wrong, so definatly make a backup for the ones we are going to do.

okay. now.

This depends on what jdk you have downloaded. Okay listen (look) carefully.

Go to user Variables and click New

What to make it say:

Make the variable named

Code:
 classpath

Make the Variable Value this

Code:
 CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;%CLASSPATH%;

Note you see jdk1.6.0_07 - this is your jdk. I recommend downloading JDK 6.7 to do this how i am, if a different one.. change it to the correct number.

K classpath is done. Now time for PATH

Now.

On user variables click New once again but this time, make a Variable named

Code:
PATH

And the Variable Value

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;

Same rules apply with the Jdk download.

Chapter 2 - Getting Winrar

go to This link and download winrar

http://www.brothersoft.com/winrar-download-16419.html

Then your icons should change to rar possibly.

Chapter 3 - Getting A no-ip

-First of all, go to no-ip.com and register.

-Secondly, log into your account.

-Thirdly, go to add a host

Then you should get something like this (picture)

Do what i say in the picture ----

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Computertechnition11304ge0

ALSO YOU NEED DUC
(Dynamic DNS Update Clients)

Go to This link --- https://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php

You should get this. READ BELOW (picture)

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Computertechnition12004aj4

Once you download it, install it and open it. Then you should get something like this

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Computertechnition12083so0

Chapter 4 - Port Forwarding for people with routers

-First, go to your start menu and click run
-Next type in cmd, then press enter
-When u do this, and command prompt will pop up-now in the cmd prompt type in ipconfig

This is what it should look like, picture --- BELOW

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Computertechnition11395hj4

Okay now after you type in your Default Gateway into Your internet Adress Bar a box should pop up, or it should directly take you to your router site.

If a password/username box pops up use admin as the username and password as the password

A couple others to try
-just the password admin
-just the username admin
-both as admin

- Picture -

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Computertechnition11471oj7

Now when u click portforwarding This should come up.

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Computertechnition11515do5

PORT FORWARDING DONE WOOT!

NOTE! NOTE! : for some ppl when they do this nothing happens
You can port forward using Utorrent i think its easier, than portforward.com

Get Utorrent if those don't work.

if utorrent doesn't work, use portforward.com

Chapter 5 - Getting a source.

Any forum with download section, pick one download it.

Now look for a source That you like, and looks really good, download it give the person props, then it will come on your desktop.

Now-- Right click the source or your desktop, click "Extract here"

This will make it into a folder, Open the folder up and click run. (your server should be on if you did everything i said)

Chapter 5.5 - Here's a list of Source downloads!
----- My V1 is at the bottom.

List of Downloads- I will put my V2 source on here when i release in about a week or so. i plan to release on -Nov. 1st- w/ client.

The layout.. First the Name, The Download, The client if any, The Credits, and where to look at it.

Chosen angels V1

My source v1 i recommend waiting for v2.. will be out soon around xmas. well anyways.. here it is..

http://uppit.com/ZKONSY - Creds to me and all ppl who helped..

Chapter 6 - Getting a working compiler

Most compilers do not work for me, but i have found one that is simple and effective.

Okay, right click your compiler (click edit)

remove whats in it and put this in it.

Code:
 @echo off
if exist "%programfiles%\Java" (call :compile "%programfiles%\Java\") else (goto error)
:compile
for /D %%x in ("%~1jdk*") do (set p="%%~x\bin\javac.exe")
if defined p (%p% -cp . *.java)
if defined p (goto end)
:error
echo You do not have Java installed. Please download it at the site that is about to load.
"%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
:end
echo Finished!
pause
exit

THERE YOU HAVE IT, That is how you make a runescape private server

Check tutorials, for other things like adding npc's, shops, make npc's talk ETC. ETC ETC.

Here i'll even throw in a list of tutorials for simple coding, and a tutorial list made by people.

Tutorials!

Layout - Tutorial name - The creator of the tutorial - The tut link

Just check tutorial section for now

Also something i couldn't find is.. how to change your look when u log in, as a new player.

so heres a fast tutorial of it.

Firstly. open up player.java

Search for this

Code:
 Giving the player an unique look

You'll see

Code:
        playerEquipment[playerHat]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerCape]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerAmulet]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerChest]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerShield]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerLegs]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerHands]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerFeet]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerRing]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerArrows]=####;
    playerEquipment[playerWeapon]=####;

Okay the numbers is where you put the id of that item.. And if you want nothing in that slot use this as the number -1

So say if you wanted no arrows in the slot, you'd put this for arrows

Code:
    playerEquipment[playerArrows]=-1;

There ya go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish you all good luck with everything!

I hope i Helped you all out with coding and all!

I owe it all to you people for helping me, so i have decided to give back. I hope i have made the best "How to make a server" tut. =)

Thankyou,

Braiton[/code]
Back to top Go down
http://runestyle.com
bennyaka2

bennyaka2

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 2:13 am

ye but please help me?, my wireless adapter part is totally different 2 yours... here is a picture of myne. anyway look at the picture and ye. so what i did is basically in the first 2 slots i did what u sead and rite down and click save setting Wink
u sed, like.. there u go that is your server downlaod these souces i havnt got any server nothing came up??
oh and i havnt done the copiler yet if tht makes a different? thxs

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. 11qlgtj
Back to top Go down
Dark Pk

Dark Pk

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 am

Quote :
ye but please help me?, my wireless adapter part is totally different 2 yours..
porftforward.com
Back to top Go down
Braiton

Braiton

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Portforward.com ... your just looking for lag if you use that..

Let's do this.

Here i made a tutorial on a picture.

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Uuuuuforum175853sl1

Your welcome.
Back to top Go down
I r d0nt cry

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
http://d0ntcry.smfforfree3.com
dont fall

dont fall

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Great, thanks for this.
Back to top Go down
Braiton

Braiton

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Finally i am appreciated here..
Back to top Go down
Ac
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Ac

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 4:51 am

very nice guide, though i cba to make a server now.
Back to top Go down
http://jinrake.com
Braiton

Braiton

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 9:24 pm

oh well Sad
Back to top Go down
d a r c y

d a r c y

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:13 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Braiton

Braiton

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:20 am

okay what.. spammer..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.   How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more. Empty

Back to top Go down

How To make a runescape private server {A to Z} Includes tutorials, compiler, more.
Page 1 of 1